Experienced drivers should have a strong understanding of the hours of service regulations. Unfortunately, this isn't always the case.
This training program is a review of the basic hours of service requirements found in Part 395 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), as they apply to property-carrying vehicles. Topics include:
- 11-hour driving time rule
- 14 consecutive hour on duty rule
- 60/70 hour rule
- Adverse driving conditions exception
- 16-hour short-haul exception
- Non-CDL short-haul exception
- Sleeper berth exception
- 100 air-mile radius exemption
Students will be required to complete log book assignments based on various scenarios.